The annual BASIS Charity Ball is back and better than ever!
100% of the money raised from the auction and roughly 1/4 of the ticket price will go to Milieudefensie.
When and where is the event?
The event is May 13th from 20:00 – 01:00 at PIP Den Haag.
The address: Binckhorstlaan 36, 2516 BE Den Haag
DOORS CLOSE AT 21:00, but we encourage you to come as early as you can to prevent long queues.
What is the programme?
20:00-21:00 Doors open – be in line by 21:00!
20:30-21:30 Mingling, live music, tapas + other snacks, photobooth pictures.
21:30-22:15 Auction – all proceeds go to Milieudefensie.
22:15-01:00 Party with DJ Gecko – techno, hip hop, pop, and slow dances!
What auction items do you have?
We have many items that we will auction off the night of the event, including:
- x2 50 euro O’Casey’s Irish pub vouchers!
- A LUSH Blissful gift basket donated by LUSH NL, which includes eight wonderful shower and care products.
- x6 group tickets for 30 minutes of indoor axe throwing at AXES Indoor Axe Throwing Bar in Scheveningen
- x3 2-hour long surfing lessons at Aloha Surfschool in Scheveningen
- Gift Basket that includes The Hate You Give book, CIROS’s limited edition mental health tote bag, and 1 FREE Yoga class at studio Tree Tredici – donated by CIROS The Hague
- A traditional Ukrainian blouse, thrifted from Ukraine and donated by Roadthrifters
- A hand-embroidered wall hanging by local creator Elena Blumenbach (@inbetweenthreads on Instagram)
- x2 15 euro vouchers for the American Book Center in The Hague. Follow them on Instagram at @theamericanbookcenter and remember to show your student card at checkout to receive a discount!
- x3 10cm cakes (feed 5 people each) donated by Alice in Cakeland, an American style bakery in Dordrecht. These cakes are 100% palm-oil free and use locally sourced milk and eggs.
- x2 batches of sugar cookies (24 in a batch) donated by Alice in Cakeland
- A 25 euro gift voucher for use in the cafe of Netherlands Bagels, a New-York style bagel cafe in The Hague (@netherlandsbagels on Instagram)
- x3 gift bags from Ernst & Young, including backpacks, laptop cases, polo shirts, notebooks, reusable water bottles, and more!
- And our most exclusive auction item: A look behind the scenes at Milieudefensie Headquarters—a group auction item for up to 7 people to visit the headquarters of Milieudefensie in Amsterdam. Includes an organic lunch, a guided tour, a look at the secret action cellar, & Meet & Greet with the employees who make the magic happen. A unique career and personal opportunity!
How does the auction work?
During the auction, you can bid by yourself or with a group. We recommend forming groups with your friends—that way you can each pitch in to win some of our more popular items! The highest bidder (an individual or a group) will receive the item.
Who can I email if I have questions?
You can reach out to the Charity Ball committee through our email: email@example.com
You can also join our Facebook group.